Thursday, August 13, 2009

Boom boom pow-lin

I faithfully subscribe to a couple of local hip-hop radio stations both of which, till about a month ago, heavily ghisoed Black Eyed Peas' Boom Boom Pow. After staying on top for an appreciably long time, the song has now gradually climbed out of the favor.

But political events have transpired in the meantime and on the rare occasions that the song plays now, I can't help think of Sarah Palin. Maybe its this part of the song...
I like that boom boom pow
Them chickens jackin' my style
They try copy my swagger
I'm on that next shit now

I'm so 3008
You so 2000 and late
I got that boom, boom, boom
That future boom, boom, boom
Let me get it now

Boom boom boom
"I'm on that next shit now"...you see what I am saying? Political analogies apart, the song is a remarkable and unusual fusion of techno, hip-hop, and dance. Check it out:



***
Since Black Eyes Peas and Sarah Palin have been spoken of in one breath, it deserves to be told that will.i.am, the frontman for the band is an ardent Democratic party / Obama supporter. He produced the song Yes We Can, and performed at the 2008 Democractic National Convention. Just letting you know. Here is the song:

free html hit counter